||Assistant Professorship. The first term is five years. Reappointment for a second
five-year term is possible based on an evaluation of his/her achievements in the first term.
Division and Department:
||Macromolecular Science Research Division, Department of Fundamental Research
(Prof. Tamaki Nakano)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Research Area and Scope of Work:
||Research and development of polymers, polymer reactions, and polymerization
methodologies with the ultimate goal of creating novel catalytic materials and reactions.
Expected Start Date:
Minimum Education Qualifications:
||A PhD or an expected PhD in chemistry or related fields.
||Three months from the starting date.
See Article 10 of National University Corporation Hokkaido University Employment Regulations.
||Discretionary working system in the type of professional work.
The successful candidate will be deemed to have worked for 7 hours 45 minutes per
||The salary will be determined in accordance with the regulations of Hokkaido University.
||Employees' Pension Insurance (Kousei Nenkin)
MEXT Mutual Aid Association Health Insurance
Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance
Required Application Documents:
Deadline for Application:
||Submit the following (1) to (7) in:
- Hard copy in A4 format (or letter-size) by post; AND
- Electronic format by e-mail (create a PDF file for each document)
(1) Curriculum vitae including the applicant’s photo, date of birth, nationality,
current address, contact information, educational history since high school,
degrees acquired, other qualifications, and employment history*
*List all details if you have been employed since (or was employed starting on or
after) April 1, 2013 by Hokkaido University, of any positions held including
Part-time Lecturer, Teaching Assistant, Teaching Fellow, Research Assistant and
Short-term Support Assistant.
(2) Research achievements categorized into the following types: a) refereed
original papers, b) patents, c) reviews and commentaries, d) books, e) invited
lectures, f) grants received, g) research fields (within two), and h) honors received if any
(3) Brief summary of research activities to date as well as education activities
including social contribution activities (up to 2 pages in A4)
(4) Future aspirations in research careers and those with education activities in
Institute for Catalysis (up to 2 pages in A4)
(5) One recommendation letter or the names of two references with affiliation
information, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses
(6) Three offprints or photocopies of three representative journal publications
(7) Letter of Expected Degree Completion issued by your institute or supervisor if
you are currently awaiting your degree certificate. [Not applicable for those who
have PhD degree.]
||September 2nd, 2019(Japan Standard Time)
||Submit all documents described in the above "Required Application Documents" by
post* AND e-mail to
Postal address: Prof. Jun-ya Hasegawa, Director, Institute for Catalysis,
Hokkaido University, Kita 21 Nishi 10, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 001-0021, Japan
* Please mark "CV Enclosed – assistant professor" in red on a commercial
envelope (or in the "Contents Description" field printed on a prepaid priority
* Applying from within Japan – send application by recorded delivery or Letter Pack Plus
* Applying from overseas – send application by international registered mail e.g. EMS
Submitted documents will not be returned to the applicant. All documents will be
responsibly shredded, and all data destroyed by our staff following a screening meeting.
Applicants may be asked to attend an interview if circumstances require.
Applicants will be responsible for any travel expenses incurred for the interview.
||Prof. Tamaki Nakano, Institute for Catalysis, Hokkaido University, Kita 21 Nishi 10,
Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 001-0021, Japan
Tel: +81 11 706 9155 / Fax: +81 11 706 9156