||Assistant Professor. Five-year term; reappointment for the second term for five years is
possible based on reviewing his/her achievements in the first term.
2．Division and Department
||Catalysis Theory Research Division, Department of Fundamental Research
(Prof. Junya Hasegawa)
3．Research Area and Scope of Work
||Applications are welcome from highly motivated theoretical/computational chemists who
aim at establishing catalytic principles and rational design of catalysts.
4．Expected Start Date
||The earliest date after the June 1, 2018
||Candidates should have a PhD or expect to receive the degree by the start of employment.
6．Documents to Submit
7．Deadline for Application
||The candidate has to submit both (A) the following documents on A4 paper (or equivalent)
by courier (or registered airmail) and (B) the corresponding one PDF file combining (1) to
(6) below by E-mail.
(1) Curriculum vitae (including picture, date of birth, nationality, current address, contact
information, educational history since high school, degrees acquired, qualifications,
(2) Research achievements should be categorized into the following types: a) refereed
original papers, b) patents, c) reviews and commentaries, d) books, e) invited lectures, f)
grants awarded, g) research fields (within two), and h) honors awarded if any.
(3) Brief of research to date (approximately 2,000 words)
(4) Plan for research and education if appointed (approximately 2,000 words)
(5) One recommendation letter or two references (name, institution, tel., E-mail address)
(6) Offprints (three photocopies) of three representative journal publications.
||March 1, 2018 (Japan time)
||Postal address: Prof. Kiyotaka Asakura, Director, Institute for Catalysis, Hokkaido
University, Kita 21 Nishi 10, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 001-0021, Japan
You should submit both paper version through physical mail as well as pdf version through
email. The file rule is Applicant_Name.pdf
Applications will not be used for purposes other than this job posting.
Please note that an interview may be conducted if necessary. In that event, the applicant is
responsible for any travel expenses.
||Prof. Junya Hasegawa, Institute for Catalysis, Hokkaido University, Kita 21 Nishi 10,
Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 001-0021, Japan
Tel: +81 11 706 9145 / Fax: +81 11 706 9145
10. Further Information
||At Hokkaido University, we are actively promoting both education and research activities
while relying on diverse human resources and gender-equality. Therefore, we explicitly
invite female researchers to apply.
The person who takes this position can apply the “Foster Program for New Generation
Researcher” jointly run by Hokkaido University, Tohoku University and Nagoya University.
However, applicants must satisfy the following election criteria:
(1) With doctoral degree awarded in last 10 years or equivalent research career (Including
equivalent degrees from foreign university such as PhD).
(2) Under 40 years old (at April1st, 2018)
* Under 43 years old applicants who have clinical practice experiences in medicine and/or
dental medicine (at April 1st, 2018) Please see (COFRe) website for more information.