2014 Research Students -Application Guidelines-
Providing that there are no obstacles barring admission, applicants that have passed the?Catalysis Research Center Council’s screening shall be admitted as research students to?work on specific topics of research.
1. Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must have completed an undergraduate program.
- Applicants are recognized as having equal or greater academic achievements as?persons in category (1) above.
2. Admission Period·Research Period
- Admission Periods: April or October 2014
- Research Period: 1 year (if there are special circumstances a term less than 1 year is possible)
*Extension for continuing research can be approved after completing the proper procedure. If the continuing research is under the same research title, tuition is charged but screening and admission fees are not charged.
3. Application Period
|<April Admissions> December 16 (Mon.) to December 21 (Fri.), 2013|
|<October Admissions> June 16 (Mon.) to June 20 (Fri.),?2014|
(residing in Japan)
|<April Admissions> February 3 (Mon.) to?February 7 (Fri.), 2014|
|<October Admissions> August 18 (Mon.) to August 22 (Fri.), 2014|
*If the applicant is unable to apply during the application periods stated above due to special circumstances, please contact the Northern Campus Area Joint?Administration (see below).
*Extension applications are due during the same period as the above application periods.
4. Documents to Submit
|1) Research student (and continuing student) application. (Form P)||Only the form provided by the Center will be
Before submitting your application, please get the approval of your prospective advisor.
|2) Curriculum vitae||Commercially available forms accepted. Please attach an identification photo.|
|3) Copy of a diploma(or graduation certificate) from the highest school graduated.||Applicants that have not graduated from a university must submit documents detailing their research background.|
|4) Screening fee acceptance certificate (Form)||See 5.?Expenditures?below|
|5) Foreign Resident Registration
Card or copy of passport
* only applicants that are foreign nationals
|Applicants residing in Japan must submit a
Foreign Resident Registration Card.
Applicants who do not live in Japan must submit a copy of their passport.
|6) Approval form for entrance (or continuing admission ) as a research student. (Form 2)||Only the form provided by the Center will be
Applicants currently employed at a company, etc. must get the approval of their immediate director.
|\9,800||Use the (bank/postal) transfer form
provided and paste the Screening Fee
Acceptance Certificate of?Form E?on the
Screening Fee Acceptance Certificate
*Please contact the office below to receive the (bank/postal)transfer form.
|\84,600||Successful applicants will be informed separately.|
|Tuition is due twice a year. The first period is due at the end of May, and the second period is due at the end of November.|
* Screening, admission and tuition fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
* Revised fee rates will be charged in the event of a fee rate revision.
6. Admission Results
Candidates accepted for April (or October) admissions will be notified via post. Foreign applicants (residing overseas) will be notified at the beginning of February (October?admissions at the beginning of August), and foreign applicants (residing in Japan) will be notified in the middle of March (September admissions in the middle of September).
7. Please send your applications and inquiries to:
Research Cooperation Section
Northern Campus Area Joint Administration
Kita 21-Nishi 10, Kita-ku, Sapporo, 001-0021 Japan
8. Please note:
- In case of withdrawal midway in the research period, please apply to the Director of the Catalysis Research Center one month before the expected withdrawal date. (a Withdrawal Form will be provided)
Regardless of withdraw during the semester, tuition for that period must be paid in full.
- Please contact the office above for questions regarding this application.