- We developed a highly efficient Pt-based alloy catalyst active, selective, and durable for methylcyclohexane dehydrogenation.（Assosiate Prof. Shinya Furukawa/Catalyst Material Research Division)
This research was highlighted in Japan Chemistry Daily (Nov. 8, 2019). (Updated on Nov. 11, 2019).
- The results of the Joint Usage/Research Project(Project No.17A1001) with Akira Yamakata (Associate Professor/Toyota Technological Institute) have been published on Applied Catalysis, B: Environmental.
Enhancement of UV-responsive photocatalysts aided by visible-light responsive photocatalysts: role of WO3 for H2 evolution on CuCl. Appl. Catal., B, 2019, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2019.118333（Updated on Nov. 5, 2019）
- The results of the Joint Usage/Research Project（Project No. 18A1005） with Dr. Yohei Uemura have been published on PCCP.
Direct observation of the electronic states of photoexcited hematite with ultrafast 2p3d X-ray absorption spectroscopy and resonant inelastic X-ray scattering. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2019, DOI: 10.1039/C9CP03374B. (Updated on Oct. 23, 2019)
- Highlighted in The Journal of Physical Chemistry A Supplementary Cover. (Catalysis Theory Research Division)
Theoretical Study on the C–H Activation of Methane by Liquid Metal Indium: Catalytic Activity of Small Indium Clusters. J. Phys. Chem. A, 2019, 123, 41, 8907-8912.(Updated on Oct. 18, 2019)
- Selected as a Front Cover of ChemCatChem. (Catalyst Material Research Division)
Statistical Analysis and Discovery of Heterogeneous Catalysts Based on Machine Learning from Diverse Published Data, ChemCatChem, 2019, 11, 4537-4547.(Updated on Oct. 11, 2019)
- Selected as a Supplementary Cover of The Journal of Physical Chemistry C. (Catalyst Material Research Division)
Linear Correlations between Adsorption Energies and HOMO Levels for the Adsorption of Small Molecules on TiO2 Surfaces, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2019, 123, 20988-20997.(Updated on Oct. 11, 2019)
- ”Low-temperature deNOx with minimum emission of greenhouse gas achieved by a tithe amount of noble metal”, the paper was selected as the Front Cover and a HOT article of Chemical Science. (Associate Prof. Shinya Furukawa/Catalyst Material Research Division)
Cu–Pd single-atom alloy catalyst for highly efficient NO reduction, Chem. Sci., 2019, 10, 8292–8298.
This research was highlighted in Chemistry World (Aug. 28, 2019).(Updated on Sep. 26, 2019)
- The results of the Joint Usage/Research Project(Project No.16B1015) with Masafumi Harada(Associate Professor/Nara Women's University) have been published on RSC Advances.
Reverse Monte Carlo modeling for local structures of noble metal nanoparticles using high-energy XRD and EXAFS. (RSC Adv., 2019, 9, 29511-29521.) （September 19, 2019）
- The results of the Joint Usage/Research Project（Project No. 19B1016） with Yusuke Inomata (assistant professor /Tokyo Metropolitan University) have been published on ACS Catalysis.
Bulk Vanadium Oxide versus Conventional V2O5/TiO2: NH3SCR Catalysts Working at a Low Temperature Below 150℃. ACS Catal. Just Accepted.(DOI: 10.1021/acscatal.9b02695) (September 2, 2019)
- The catalyst developed by the Fukuoka Laboratory(Catalytic Transformation Research Division) is being used at Seicomart to reduce food loss.
It was published in the Nihon Keizai Shimbun (August 29, 2019) , the Hokkaido Shimbun (August 29, 2019), and Real Economy(September, 19, 2019).
- This study was published in the Nikkei Sangyo Shimbun, April 23, 2019. (Associate Prof. Kiyotaka Nakajima/ Catalytic Transformation Research Division) (Aug 27, 2019).
- The research results were put to practical use and published online in the Hokkaido Shimbun. (Catalytic Transformation Research Division) (July 22, 2019)
- Selected as a Cover Feature of ChemSusChem. (Specially Appointed Assistant Professor SMA Hakim Siddiki/ Catalyst Material Research Division)
Selective Transformations of Triglycerides into Fatty Amines, Amides, and Nitriles by using Heterogeneous Catalysis. (ChemSusChem, 2019, 12, 3115-3125) (July 16, 2019)
- Selected as a Front Cover of PhysChemChemPhys.(Specially appointed lecturer Zen Maeno/ Catalyst Material Research Division)
Experimental and theoretical study of multinuclear indium–oxo clusters in CHA zeolite for CH4 activation at room temperature. (PhysChemChemPhys, 2019, 21, 13415–13427) (July 4, 2019)
- The result of the collaborative work with Dr. Ning Yan (National University of Singapore) has been published in ACS Catalysis.( Associate Prof. Shinya Furukawa/Catalyst Material Research Division) Identification of an Active NiCu Catalyst for Nitrile Synthesis from Alcohol. (ACS Catalysis, 2019, 9, 6681-6691) (July 2, 2019)
- Selected as a Supplementary Cover of ACS Catalysis.( Associate Prof. Shinya Furukawa/ Catalyst Material Research Division)
Heterogeneous Additive-Free Hydroboration of Alkenes Using Cu–Ni/Al2O3: Concerted Catalysis Assisted by Acid-Base Properties and Alloying Effects.(ACS catal. 2019, 9, 5096–5103.)（June 10, 2019）
- The result of the collaborative work with Dr. Shuhei Ogo (JST PRESTO researcher) has been published in Chemical Communications and selected as a Back Cover. ( Associate Prof. Shinya Furukawa/ Catalyst Material Research Division)
Enhanced Methane Activation on Diluted Metal–Metal Ensembles under an Electric Field: Breakthrough in Alloy Catalysis.( Chem. Commun, 2019, 55, 6693–6695) （June 10, 2019）
- The results of Joint Research Project (Project No. (14B1009) ) of Assistant Professor Naohiro Shimoda (Seikei University) have been published on Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan. Alloying Effect of Nickel–Cobalt Based Binary Metal Catalysts Supported on α-Alumina for Ammonia Decomposition. J. Chem. Eng. Japan 2019, 52, 413-422. （May 24, 2019）
- An Award Account of Dr. Kobayashi has been highlighted on back cover of Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan.(DOI: 10.1246/bcsj.20170263)
- Industrial way to make sugars from plant biomass(November 30, 2017)
- The Center for World-Class Universities, Shanghai Jiao Tong University announced top 300 most cited researchers in each of the eight reaserch fields. Prof. Shimizu was included in the list of Chemical Engineering. (link) (Feb 7, 2017)
- A paper authored by Prof. Shimizu and Dr. Toyao et al. was highlighted as a Cover Picture in Chemistry -A Europian Journal. ( link) In addition, the research was introducend in Chemistry Views. (link) (Feb 7, 2017)
- A collaborative work between Prof. Fukuoka and Prof. Katz (University of Californica, Berkeley) was published in ChemComm (link) and introduced in C&EN, American Chemical Society (link). (Feb 7, 2017)