Application Guide for Visiting Overseas Research Fellow in 2014, Catalysis ResearchCenter, Hokkaido University
Catalysis Research Center, Hokkaido University calls for collaboration with several highly motivated overseas researchers to cooperate with the center’s staff as visiting overseas research fellows, in order to promote continuous and organizational collaborative research projects.
1. Research themes
Proposed collaborative research should be related to any one of the following collaboration research themes decided by Catalysis Research Center.
(1) Advanced catalysis research for a sustainable society
(2) Space- and time-resolved analysis of catalytic reactions
(3) Development of new catalytic materials/surfaces/reactions
Applicant should be a scientific researcher at an overseas university, public research institute or related institute, or a scientific researcher who is recognized as a qualified researcher by the director of Catalysis Research Center.
3. Research period
Period between April 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015 at a minimum of one month and maximum three months.
A visiting overseas research fellow will carry out research at one of the sections of the Fundamental Research Division or the research clusters of the Target Oriented Research Assembly of Catalysis Research Center.
Prior to the application, consultation is necessary regarding the research plan, with host staff. Please refer to the website for the research outlines of each research division or cluster and contact information of the staff.（URL： http://www.cat.hokudai.ac.jp/index-e.html）
5. Salary and conditions of employment
Employment will be as an specially-appointed academic staff based on the Hokkaido University specially-appointed academic staff employment regulations.
Monthly salary will be between JPY 420,000 and JPY 700,000 (depending on career) with commuting allowance (with conditions) and subscription to health insurance and pension plan (it will be arbitrary subscription if the period of employment is within two
Discretionary labor system will be applied.
6. Research funds
Research funds of JPY 44,000 per month will be provided, based on the center’s budget allocation guideline.
7. Documents to be submitted
(2) Application form for visiting overseas research fellow
(3) Publication list
Notice for（1） Please include the following information in CV.
1. Name of applicant; 2. Gender; 3. Date of birth; 4. Present address; 5. Phone number; 6. E-mail address; 7. Present affiliation, business address, phone number, e-mail address; 8. Educational background (from high school); 9. Degree; 10. Professional and academic career; 11. License, qualification (which are necessary for research); 12. Awards, academic activities
Notice for（2） Application form for visiting overseas research fellow is available via following URL:
8. Application deadline
To be arrived no later than Friday, January 24, 2014.
9. Applications should be sent to the following address
Prof. Atsushi Fukuoka
Director of Catalysis Research Center, Hokkaido University
Kita 21 Nishi 10, Kita-ku, Sapporo 001-0021 Japan
*Tel. +81-11-706-9103, *Fax. +81-11-706-9110
(*General affairs officer, Northern Campus Area Joint Administration Section)
(Note) Documents should be sent via registered mail in an envelope marked with “Application form for visiting overseas research fellow in 2014” in red. Please make sure that your e-mail address is correct in order to inform the arrival of application documents via e-mail. Application documents will not be returned.